Q: Why should you update your software?
Software updates bring new features, bug fixes and improve security of your projector. It is recommended to always update your projector to the latest available version to get the best features
Q: How can I do it?
To update the latest NeoPix Start/Start+ software version, you’ll need a USB stick and a computer to download the update file. Please make sure your USB stick has at least 256Mb free space, and is formatted as FAT32
Then follow these steps:
- Check the latest software version available on www.philips.com/support. Find your product:
- For NeoPix Start : model number NPX240 -> Software and drivers
- For NeoPix Start+: model number NPX245 -> Software and drivers
- Download the software into your USB stick. Unzip the downloaded file and save it in the root directory of your USB stick
- Make sure the unzipped file name is “GXY_MELODY.bin” or “GXY_ MELODY_64.bin”
- Connect your USB stick to the side of your projector and turn it on (if your USB stick does not appear on the top of your projector's Menu, disconnect it and try again. If your USB stick doesn't work, please check the format). The installation of the software will automatically start. The LED on your projector blinks during upgrade
- Once the installation is complete, your projector turns off automatically. So disconnect the USB from your projector, then turn your projector on by pressing Power on the top of your projector or on your remote control
- You can verify which version you currently have by going in: Setup/Info
Remember: do not power off your projector or remove your USB stick during update. It’s mandatory to keep your projector plugged into power during this time.
Article is closed for comments.