Q: Why should you update your software?
Software updates bring new features, bug fixes and improve security of your projector. It is recommended to always update your projector to the latest available version to get the best features
Q: How can I do it?
To update the latest NeoPix Easy 2+ software version, you’ll need a USB stick and a computer to download the update file. Please make sure your USB stick has at least 256Mb free space, and is formatted as FAT32.
Then follow these steps:
- Check the latest software version available on www.philips.com/support. Find your product:
- For NeoPix Easy 2+: model number NPX442 -> Software and drivers
- Download the software into your USB stick. Unzip the downloaded file and save it in the root directory of your USB stick
- • Make sure the unzipped file name is “GXY_MELODY.bin” or “GXY_MELODY_64.bin”
- Turn off the projector, then connect the USB flash drive to the side of the projector
- Turn on the projector, then the upgrade starts automatically. The LED on the projector blinks during upgrade
- Wait about 15 seconds. The upgrade completes and the projector turns off automatically
- Disconnect the USB flash drive from the projector, then turn on the projector
- To verify the current software version, press Home Menu on the top of the projector or on your remote control and go to: Setup - Info
Remember: do not power off your projector or remove your USB stick during update. It’s mandatory to keep your projector plugged into power during this time.