If you’re having trouble updating the software online, you can try to update it via the offline method. You’ll need a USB stick or SD Card and a computer to download the update file. Here’s how:
- Make sure your USB stick or SD Card has at least 1 GB free space, and is formatted as FAT32.
- Download the update file from this link.
- Rename it to update.zip (do not unzip this file!)
- Copy it to the root folder of a USB stick or SD card, and plug it into the PicoPix Max.
- Go to Settings > Software Update > Offline update to start the update.
Remember: do not power off the projector during update. It’s recommended to keep the projector plugged into power during this time.
Mac users note: By default, macOS automatically unzips archive files downloaded from the web. You should temporarily disable this feature before you download the .zip file by going to Safari > Preferences and turning off this option: